"The extra sound put out by this plug-in supplemental fire alarm could save your life."
About the Blaster Alarm System
Most apartment and condominium buildings have a fire alarm system which sounds bells in the hallway in case of a fire emergency. But it is often difficult for residents to hear these bells behind closed doors, through insulated walls and over television, radio or air conditioning noises.
Listed by Underwriter's Laboratories, Inc. the BLASTER® system corrects this potential fire danger by supplementing the sound generated by the existing fire alarm system. Extra sound is introduced into right in the family living unit.
The BLASTER® system consists of compact 85 decibel horns which are simply plugged into one or more ac outlets in each family living unit.
A transmitter is connected to the main fire alarm system. In case of a fire, the BLASTER® system is activated by the existing bell network and a signal is sent out to sound the horns in each family living unit.
Communications from the Transmitter to all of the BLASTER horns is done over the building ac wiring. This wireless technology is called Power Line Carrier and it eliminates expensive and unsightly conduit and wire runs.
- The need is crucial
- "I can't hear the hallway fire bell when I'm in my apartment and the TV is on"
- The solution is obvious
- The BLASTER® system puts extra sound where it's needed - in the apartment. NFPA 72A recommends 15 decibels above equivalent sound level in occupiable areas.
- The installation is simple
- Plug extra 85 decibel horns into ac outlets and transmit to them over wiring already in place.
- The cost is surprisingly low
- You can't put a price on a human life but the cost of a BLASTER® system is small compared to the peace-of-mind it offers.